Chick Evans Scholarship for Caddies 2022 is now available for interested applicants.
The Western Golf Association encourages young caddies to support the efforts of the Evans Scholars Foundation which gives scholarships, awards, and full housing to caddies who perform exceptionally with financial means.
About Chick Evans Scholarship for Caddies
The Western Golf Association and famed amateur golfer Charles “Chick” Evans Jr. founded the Evans Scholars Foundation in 1930.
The goal of this Foundation was to give full tuition and college scholarships to caddies with limited financial means.
Two Evans Scholars enrolled at Northwestern University in 1930, now more than 10,830 outstanding young men and women have graduated as Evans Scholars.
The Chick Evans Scholarship is a comprehensive scholarship for high-performing students with limited financial means.
Caddies must meet the requirement of having a good caddie history, excellent academics, financial need, and exceptional character to qualify for this scholarship.
Scholarship applications acceptance is usually at the beginning of the last year of the candidate’s high school, as well as freshmen.
Chick Evans Scholarship Houses
The Chick Evans foundation sends Evans Scholars to eighteen major universities across the country.
Chick Evans scholars live and work together in the community; which each section assigns its own officers, leads social and service activities, and participates in programs on campus.
Evans Scholars Foundation understands that community life is important because it helps scholars develop strong leadership skills and communication skills.
Chick Evans Scholarship Field of Study
The Chick Evans Scholarship for caddies is available to applicants who are about to start their senior year in high school,
incoming college freshmen for their chosen field in the undergraduate program.
Chick Evans Scholarship Worth
The Chick Evans Scholarship is a full tuition and housing scholarship for high-performing caddies with limited financial means.
This scholarship is hosted by the Western Golf Association and the Evans Scholars Foundation in the United States of America
Citizens and permanent residents of the United States are eligible for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for the Chick Evans Scholarship For Caddies
To qualify, interested caddies must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have a strong caddie record: Eligible applicants must have caddied, successfully and regularly, for a minimum of two years.
- Applicants must be a caddie and/or work at their sponsoring club during the summer when applying for their scholarship.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record: Eligible caddies candidates must have completed their junior year of high school with an average higher than B in college preparatory courses and are required to take the ACT and/or SAT.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need: Applicants must clearly state their need for financial assistance.
- Applicant must have outstanding character: Candidates must be exceptional in character, integrity, and leadership.
- Completed CSS profile
- Federal student aid report on the FAFSA
- High school evaluation
- Cadet evaluation
- Letters of recommendation
- High School transcript and test scores.
Application for Chick Evans Scholarship is through an online application portal.
- Applicants are to complete the CSS Profile online and send it to CSS with the required fee as soon as possible.
- The CSS code for the Evans Scholars Foundation is 0153.
- present a copy of your Federal Student Financial Assistance Report (FAFSA) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) Number as it becomes available.
How to apply
Applicants should click on the Chick Evans Scholarship application portal to apply.
Application Timetable For the Chick Evans Scholarship
Below are important dates aspiring which Chick Evans Scholarship application must take note of:
- August 1: Application will be available online.
- October 1: The CSS financial aid profile is available.
- October 1. Must complete the FAFSA documents.
- October 30: Caddies must complete the applications and submit all supporting documentation.
- April 1: Consideration of final decisions on all applications.
All application processes and requirements for the Chick Evans Scholarship on before October 30, through the application link.
Chick Evans Scholarship is proudly sponsored by the Western Golf Association to encourage the young caddies to support the efforts of the Evans Scholars Foundation and give scholarships, awards, and full housing to caddies who perform exceptionally with financial means.
Scholarship applications are usually accepted at the beginning of the last year of the candidate’s high school, as well as freshmen.
Chick Evans Scholarship application
Caddies must be completed online and all supporting documentation must be submitted on or before October 30.