An opportunity to win cash scholarships as a high school student who makes the best prom attire out of Duck Brand Duct Tape is open for you at the Stuck at Prom Scholarship.
ABOUT STUCK AT PROM SCHOLARSHIP
The Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest is an annual scholarship contest for high school students who create cool prom accessories and outfits from duct tape.
This scholarship is one of the most unique, allowing students to display their originality and ingenuity to the fullest extent possible!
An annual scholarship event called Stuck at Prom Scholarship invites students to design and wear a Duck Tape®-based prom attire for a chance to win cash!
STUCK AT PROM SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Worth of this scholarship varies depending on the categories.
- First Place Prize for the Dress Category: $10,000 awarded to the winning Finalist in the Dress Category.
- First Place Prize for the Tux Category: $10,000 awarded to the winning Finalist in the Tux Category.
- Eight Runners Up Prizes: $500 Cash Scholarship and Duck Brand Prize Packs (ARV $100 each) awarded to the remaining Finalists in each of the Dress and Tux Categories.
NUMBER OF STUCK AT PROM SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE.
There are 10 awards available for this scholarship.
Last year this scholarship received 150 applicant(s) and $50,000 was awarded to 11 applicant(s).
The Contest is open to any participant who meets the following eligible requirements.
A legal resident of:
- The United States
- District of Columbia
- Puerto Rico
- All U.S. territories and possessions (excluding Arizona, Maryland, Tennessee, Colorado, and North Dakota)
A legal resident of (and is physically located or resides in) Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec);
Here is a list of those that are eligible for the Stuck at Prom Scholarship.
To be eligible for this Scholarship, students must:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Attend a high school, home school association, or other school-sanctioned prom.
- Be a legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Maryland, Vermont and Colorado) or a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec).
- Be students not chosen as finalists in any previous Stuck at Prom contests.
Students are to apply following the Application processes listed below.
- Create and wear your original promwear using Duck® Brand duct tape and/or Duck® Brand crafting tape.
- Take a high resolution pic of the big moment.
- Fill out the entry form where you’ll upload at least one pic of yourself in your Duck® promwear and fill in your details.
Note: Don’t forget to get your parent’s permission if you’re under 18 years old for the photography release.
- After you submit, a confirmation email will be delivered right to your inbox.
NOTE: An independent panel of judges will grade each submission based on a combination of these criteria:
- craftsmanship (30%),
- originality (30%),
- usage of category-appropriate colors and accessories (15%),
- and the amount of duct tape utilized (10%).
In July, the winners of the competition will be announced.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit Stuck at Prom Scholarship Application portal to apply.
The application for the Stuck at Prom Scholarship opens on March 31, 2022, and all entries are due by July 21, 2022.
All application entry, processes requirements are expected to have been completed on or before the deadline.
How does Stuck at Prom Scholarship work?
Duck brand selects a panel of judges, and those judges will determine the finalists based on: Workmanship (20%) Originality (20%) Use of colors (20%) Accessories (20%) Use of Duck® Brand Duck Tape (20%)
How much is the scholarship worth?
The scholarship is worth $20,000 but first winner prize is $10,000 for dress category and $10,000 for Tux category.
What are the scholarship prizes?
First Place Prize – Dress Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Dress Category. First Place Prize – Tux Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Tux Category. Eight (8) Runners Up Prizes: $500 Cash Scholarship and Duck® Brand Prize Packs (ARV $100 each) will be awarded to the remaining Finalists in each of the Dress and Tux Categories.
How do I apply?
All application processes are to be done online and all requirements are to be submitted.
When is the application deadline?
The application opens on March 31, 2022, and all entries are due by July 21, 2022.
Stuck at Prom Scholarship is a chance for high school students who make the best prom attire out of Duck Brand Duct Tape to enter and win no matter what prom looks on them.
To be eligible for this scholarship, student need to be enrolled in high school or a home school association (at the high-school level).