The Step Up For Students Organization has opened the 2022 application for the Gardiner Scholarship for children with special needs.
The Gardiner Scholarship Program is open to various children in the United States that are faced with limiting difficulties.
This 4minutes read of the article will guide you on the scholarship works and how you can apply for it.
ABOUT GARDINER SCHOLARSHIP
The Gardiner scholarship which was formerly called Step up for Students Organization (PLSA) with the help of parents has helped a lot of children with special needs to acquire educational skills that are much needed for them to stay relevant in the educational space.
Gardiner Scholarship has helped to secure the lives and success of many children, they have created the necessary environment needed by children with special needs to thrive.
Students who are successfully enrolled in the Gardiner scholarship program are awarded an average amount of $10,000 while Parents seeking to help their children with special needs are implored to apply for this scholarship program.
Gardiner Scholarship program is different from other state scholarships it allows parents to individualize their children with unique skills and also let them have a better future.
GARDINER SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000.
- The award of the scholarship to students is considered based on the date the student is found eligible by the SFO.
- Applicants whose application is received on or before August 1 and found eligible on or before September 1 receive a 100% scholarship award.
- Applicants whose application is received on or before October 1 and found eligible on or before November 1 receive a 75% scholarship award.
- Applicants whose we received on or before January 1 and found eligible on or before February 1 receive a 50% scholarship award.
- Applicants whose application is received on or before March 1 and found eligible on or before April 1 receive a 25% scholarship award.
- The amount received by each applicant varies based on the counties and grades.
GARDINER SCHOLARSHIP FIELD OF STUDY
This Scholarship is open to Florida Students who are between the age of 3 years to 22 years old or 12th grade with special needs or disabilities as listed in the Eligibility section below.
The Gardiner Scholarship is a USA state-approved nonprofit scholarship-funding organization that administers scholarships for Florida schoolchildren.
The Gardiner Scholarship is open to only citizens or permanent residents of Florida in the United States of America.
Gardiner Scholarship is open to Florida students from 3 years to 22 years old or 12th grade, with the following disabilities: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Spina Bifida, Williams Syndrome, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome, or Delayed Mind ( severe cognitive impairment).
Eligible students must meet the following criteria for the Gardiner Scholarship Program.
- Aspirants must be United States citizens or permanent residents of Florida.
- •Aspirants must be between the ages 3-22 or 12th grade.
- Be aged 3, 4, or 5 who are lagging behind or deemed ‘high risk’ due to developmental
- Need an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) from a Florida school district or an official diagnosis from a Florida-licensed physician or psychologist.
- Be at least 3 or 4 years old on September 1st.
- The incoming kindergarten students must be 5 years on or before 1 September.
- First-grade students must be 6 years old by September 1st.
- Participate in the Gardiner Scholarship Program (PLSA) as part of home education.
Note: Students who are registered for the Gardiner scholarship can not be registered on any other state-sponsored scholarship (McKay Scholarship or Florida Tax Credit Scholarship).
Applicants will need to provide proof of official diagnosis from a licensed physician or phycologist in Florida or provide an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) from a Florida school district.
New families who are just applying for the scholarship must complete an online application using their email addresses.
Families who already participated in the scholarship program and wish to renew their scholarships should access their accounts using their existing passwords and usernames.
Note: Candidates who have forgotten their passwords are to click the “Forgotten Password” button for help.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants who are applying for the first should click Gardiner scholarship for first-time families to begin their application.
Families who have applied before using Step Up Gardiner Scholarship (formerly PLSA) and want to renew their application should click on Gardiner scholarship for renewal families.
All candidates are encouraged to complete and submit their applications on or before June 30, 2022, as priority will be given to candidates who submitted their applications before the stated deadline.
The Gardiner scholarship which is formerly known as the Step Up for Students Organization (PLSA) has helped as still helping children with disabilities with funding for their education.
Applicants must be between the age of 3 years to 22 years at the time of application.
The worth of the Gardiner scholarship varies based on application submission.
All applications should be made on or before June 30, 2021, as all eligible students for the Gardiner Scholarship, 2022 will be placed on a waitlist, due to a requirement to provide renewal students priority.
- For detailed information about the scholarship, visit the Gardiner Scholarship program/how it works.
- Contact: 1-877-735-7837 if you have any questions.