Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Program 2022 applications are available to support students attending Georgia public schools.
If you are a special needs student of Georgia public schools, and you wish to pursue your education career, this is an opportunity for you to get monetary funds for your education.
About Georgia Special Needs Scholarship
The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship was put in place for the purpose of providing assistance for special needs students intending to apply or want to study in a school in Georgia
The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship program was launched in 2007 as a school choice program administered by the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE).
Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Field of Study
The program is provided for school education in any subject
This scholarship is worth $2,500 to $13,500.
The scholarship gives scholarship recipients about $6,000 on average.
This scholarship is hosted in Georgia, United States, and can be taken in the United States.
Citizens of the United States are eligible for this scholarship
- Have been registered in a Georgia public school for the whole earlier school year.
- Have acknowledged special education services under an Individualized Education Plan at any point in that year.
- The student’s parents or guardians are required to live in Georgia and must have been a resident for at least one year.
Note: The program allows any student with a disability whose parents are unhappy with their assigned public school to receive a voucher for attending a private school.
- Notify the state regarding the intention to join the scholarship.
- Must have demonstrated financial viability
- Agree with federal nondiscrimination supplies of 42 U.S.C. § 2000(d)
- Agree with state health and safety requests
- Be qualified or in the process of becoming accredited
- Teachers should have a bachelor’s degree or three years of experience in education or health
- Provide parents with teachers’ credentials
- Report to parents and state regarding students’ academic progress
Applicants are required to have knowledge of the English language.
Application documents for this scholarship will differ according to the chosen school in which the applicant wishes to study.
Applicants are required to read each step wisely and take benefit of the Department of Education’s resources provided before joining in the scholarship.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants should click on Georgia Special Needs Scholarship.
Georgia Special Needs Scholarship is aimed at giving monetary assistance to special needs students who wish to attend a school in Georgia.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a United States citizen, your parents or guardian must have resided in Georgia for at least a year, and must demonstrate financial need to be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access the Georgia Special Needs scholarship?
This scholarship is accessible through online mode.
How do I know if I'm eligible for the Georgia Special Needs scholarship?
If you are a special needs student, a citizen of the United States, wishing to attend a school in Georgia but are financially incapable, you are eligible to apply.
What are the required documents for the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship?
Application documents and requirements vary depending on the chosen school of applicants.