The Philadelphia Education Fund is currently accepting applications from eligible and qualified candidates for the Philadelphia Scholarship Program to help meet the necessities of high school students.
The Last Dollar Scholarship 2022 is a need-based award to close the financial voids that prevent students from advancing to college and attaining their educational goals.
This scholarship is awarded if the expected contribution of the student’s family and the total financial aid package are lower than the participation costs and expenses required for a college education.
High school graduates who participate actively in the Philadelphia education fund college program are eligible to apply.
Do you meet the eligibility requirements? Keep reading for complete details on how to apply to the last dollar scholarship with ease.
LAST DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP 2022: ALL THERE IS TO KNOW
Last dollar scholarship is provided by private scholarship providers known as the Philadelphia Education Fund aimed to solve students’ unmet needs or the difference between the cost of a student and the financial resources for the University.
The Philadelphia Education Fund allots the latest dollar scholarships for the high school entrance program and partner schools that have demonstrated an unmet need of between $200 and $5,000 during an academic year.
The Last Dollar scholarship program considers the student’s total cost for the college visit (COA), including tuition, books, accommodation, meals, and other educational expenses, such as transportation costs required for health insurance, etc.
Applicants must complete a scholarship application, be admitted to a two- or four-year accredited college, prove their financial need, and submit a FAFSA to be considered for this scholarship.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR: PHILADELPHIA EDUCATION FUND.
The Philadelphia Education Fund was founded in 1986 to drive outstanding student outcomes by developing great teachers and building paths to college and career success. It improves opportunities, unlocks potential, enhances the city and community, and changes one student’s life.
Its vision is for all young people in Philadelphia to have the skills and opportunity to succeed in college and careers.
The Philadelphia Education Fund strives to support and motivate students through scholarship programs to embark on their college journey.
The Philadelphia Education Fund has been a leader in education for three decades, using data-driven best practices to deliver exceptional results to all students and teachers in Philadelphia.
It is the most extensive educational organization in the city with innovative programs, changing how education is delivered in Philadelphia. This United States educational organization eradicates the obstacles to student study and professional success.
It also offers a full range of research-based programs and services formulated and executed by its experienced team, promoting STEM education in the region.
FIELDS AND LEVEL OF STUDY
The Last Dollar Scholarship is available for High School graduates planning to attend college
The annual amount awarded for the Last Dollar Scholarship will range from $200 to $5,000, depending on the need.
The amount awarded by the Last Dollar Scholarship is determined by subtracting the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and Financial Aid package from the student’s college total Cost of Attendance.
The Philadelphia Education Fund in the United States hosts this Scholarship.
Last Dollar Scholarship is hosted and taken in the United States of America.
This Philadelphia Scholarship Program for high school students is available to United States of America students.
To be considered for the Last Dollar Scholarships application, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be high school graduates who participate actively in the Philadelphia education fund college program at any of the following schools :
- Bartram High School
- Furness High School
- Kensington Creative & Performing Arts High School
- Olney Charter High School, and
- Roxborough High School.
- Be graduating high school seniors at the partner schools listed below, for which receipt of the award depends on available funding:
- Thomas a. Edison High School
- Benjamin Franklin High School
- Kensington health sciences academy
- Kensington international business/finance & entrepreneurial High School
- Lankenau High School
- Mastery Charter at Simon Gratz High School
- Northeast High School
- Parkway West High School
- Paul Robeson High School
- William l. Sayre High School
- Strawberry Mansion High School
Applicants of the Last Dollar Scholarship must:
- Have at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 in college coursework
- Complete at least 67% of credit hours attempted each semester.
- File a FAFSA annually
- Complete the BCC scholarship application.
- Demonstrate financial need with a minimum financial need gap of $200 and a maximum financial need gap of up to $7,500 based on the applicant’s high school of attendance.
- Participate in required events such as the First-Year Experience, Last Dollar Scholarship info sessions, and career workshops.
LAST DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
The Last Dollar Scholarship application has four aspects that must be completed.
The Last Dollar scholarship committee disregards any partial applications.
- The “ Last Dollar Scholarship Checklist” which a parent or guardian must sign. Also, school officials certifying cumulative GPA should accompany this checklist.
- A scholarship application including a personal statement.
- A copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) circled. The SAR can be reprinted by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking “View your Student Aid Report (SAR)” under “Returning User?”
- A copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college you plan to attend, if available.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LAST DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP
To apply for this scholarship, applicants should visit the scholarship link below: https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/PEFLastDollarScholarship2022
LAST DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE
The Last Dollar Scholarship 2022 application is ongoing, and there is no information yet about the application deadline.
Therefore, you are advised to treat this scholarship application as URGENT and apply as early as possible.
TIPS TO WIN THE LAST DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP
These tips will help you with an outstanding scholarship application process and give you the best chance of being considered for the scholarships.
- Confirm your eligibility: As the scholarship is made available to High school seniors and high school graduates in Philadelphia partnering school, ensure you fall into this category before clicking the apply button.
- Meet the requirements: The scholarship requirements are the most for you to meet. Ensure that you are eligible for the detailed requirements of the scholarships to know what to expect, and you can equip yourself accordingly.
- Begin your application early: The application for this scholarship is still ongoing. You are advised to commence your application as soon as possible. Starting your application sooner will give you enough edge to be at the forefront of selection, and you get enough time to gather all the required materials.
- Keep track of deadlines and make sure that you submit all the required materials before the due date.
- Follow all the instructions given by the scholarship committee to avoid nullifying your application.
- Before submitting your application, make sure that you proofread your application and all other materials to ensure no errors and that everything is in order.
- Follow up on your application with the scholarship committee to show them that you are interested in the scholarship and willing to put in the extra effort.
BENEFITS OF LAST DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP
- It provides funds for High school seniors and High School graduates in Philadelphia striving to attend college.
- The scholarship aims at encouraging students in Philadelphia to attain their educational goals.
- It provides financial assistance to students pursuing higher education at colleges in Philadelphia.
- It helps raise funds to cover the cost of attendance for students who show a willingness to academics but are financially unfit.
- The scholarship provides from $200 to $5,000, depending on need.
Here is the summary of all discussed about the Last Dollar Scholarship.
Register link: visit Here
Last Dollar Scholarship login link: Visit Here
Formal winners of Last Dollar Scholarship: N/A
Previous Finalist of Last Dollar Scholarship: N/A
All the scholarships offered by Last Dollar Scholarship: Visit Here
Twitter profile link: visit Here
Contact Information: visit Here
Sponsors: Philadelphia Education Fund
Course Level: High School seniors and graduates
Number of Awards: Varies
Access Mode: Online
Nationality: United States of America
Language Requirement: There is no language requirement for this scholarship.
Supporting Documents: The Last Dollar Scholarship application has four aspects that must be completed. Applicants must complete; the “ Last Dollar Scholarship Checklist,” which a parent or guardian must sign. Also, school officials certifying cumulative GPA should accompany this checklist, a scholarship application including a personal statement, and a copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) circled. The SAR can be reprinted by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking “View your Student Aid Report (SAR)” under “Returning User?” and a copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college you plan to attend, if available.
How to Apply: Application for the Last Dollar Scholarship is an online process. Visit the application portal for instructions on how to apply.
Supporting Documents: The Last Dollar Scholarship application has four aspects that must be completed. Applicants must complete; the “ Last Dollar Scholarship Checklist,” which a parent or guardian must sign. Also, school officials certifying cumulative GPA should accompany this checklist, a scholarship application including a personal statement, a copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) circled, and a copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college you plan to attend, if available.
Admission Requirements: Eligible applicants of the Last Dollar Scholarship must: have at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school, maintain a minimum of a 2.0 in college coursework, complete at least 67% of credit hours attempted each semester, file a FAFSA annually, complete the BCC scholarship application, demonstrate financial need with a minimum financial need gap of $200 and a maximum financial need gap of up to $7,500 based on the applicant’s high school of attendance, and participate in required events such as the First-Year Experience, Last Dollar Scholarship info sessions, and career workshops.
Language Requirement: There is no language requirement for this scholarship.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Long Do the Last Dollar Scholarships Last?
The Last Dollar Scholarship lasts for just an academic year.
Is the Last Dollar Scholarship renewable?
Yes. To renew the Last Dollar scholarship, applicants will have to maintain a 2.0 GPA to be eligible and participate in ten (10) hours of Community Service each academic year.
Is the Last Dollar Scholarship only for Philadelphia Students?
To be eligible for the Last Dollar Scholarship, you don’t necessarily have to be a Philadelphia student. You only need to be a graduating senior attending any listed high school and participating in the Philadelphia education fund college access program.
Can I use the Last Dollar Scholarship in a Vocational School?
You can’t apply the Last Dollar Scholarship to any non-traditional institution offering careers in nursing, vocational-technical, automotive mechanics, etc.
The Last Dollar Scholarship, funded by the Philadelphia Education Fund, seeks to help high school seniors and high school graduates seeking to attend any of the listed high schools and participate in the Philadelphia education fund college access program.
Application requirements for this scholarship are four aspects. All aspects must be completed as the scholarship disregards incomplete applications.
The last Dollar Scholarship 2022 application portal is still open; take advantage of this opportunity and apply as soon as possible.