Many women around the world do not have access to the higher education they desire. Family, work, and other things hamper their education pursuit. PEO scholarship is an opportunity for these women from around the world to pursue a higher degree in the United States. If you are a woman from any part of the world and you meet the basic requirements for the scholarship, PEO International is hereby inviting you to apply for its scholarship for the next academic session.
In this article, we have talked extensively about the PEO Scholarship and the other need-to-know. We have highlighted the benefits you get as a recipient of the award, the tips to help you win the scholarship, and we have also gone over the values considered and basic requirements every applicant is expected to meet.
Kindly read on!
PEO SCHOLARSHIP: WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
PEO stands for Philanthropic Educational Organisation. Members of PEO are proud of their organisation. With the aim to empower women around the world to drive world peace and make improvements to their communities after their programs, PEO runs several programs for these target audiences. These programs include PEO Educational Loan Fund, PEO International Peace Scholarship, Program for Continuing Education, PEO Scholar Award, and PEO Star Scholarship.
PEO has taken it up its sleeve to equip women around the world through these programs.
Scholarships for women from other nations studying in the United States and Canada are provided by members of the P.E.O. Sisterhood, who believe that education is essential to peace and understanding.
In order to be eligible for the PEO International Peace Scholarship, the candidate must agree to complete her degree program in the United States and then return home within 60 days, depending on her visa status, to seek a job.
However, the sponsor must function as a student’s nonacademic advisor and assist her in case of a personal emergency, even if the sponsor is the U.S. or Canadian citizen. As ‘Grants-in-Aid,’ the scholarships are not meant to pay all of the recipient’s educational or personal expenditures.
An applicant must demonstrate that she has sufficient extra financial resources to cover her anticipated expenditures.
KEY POINT TO NOTE:
- In 1949, the PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund was established as a program that provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
- Believing that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding, members of the PEO decided to fund the education of some selected women yearly.
- The PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund is a program of Women helping women reach for the stars. The PEO International fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
- This opportunity can be a game-changer for you and equip you with the privilege to undertake your graduate or Ph.D. studies tuition-free.
WHO RUNS PEO SCHOLARSHIP?
PEO Scholarship is run and administered by PEO (Philanthropic Educational Organisation). It is an organisation that is based in the United States that has shown commitment to equipping women over the years.
Members of the organisation ensure the programs are funded. Those willing to join the organisation in the hope to make a further impact can proceed through this link.
FIELD OF STUDY
PEO Scholarship is open to women who want to pursue higher education in any field of study. Because of the objective of the scholarship, international students are selected for the PEO scholarship without much consideration for which course they choose to study.
PEO Scholarship is for international female students who want to study in either the United States or Canada.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must:
- Not be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada. A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Not be a doctoral student who has completed coursework and is working only on dissertations.
- Have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and be in residence for the entire school year.
HOW MUCH IS PEO SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
PEO Scholarship is worth up to $12,500. It should be noted that this does not cover the entire tuition fee of recipients. When applicants submit their applications, they will be required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet their estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PEO SCHOLARSHIP?
Application for the 2023-2024 Term of study has not begun. Upon commencement of application, the organisation will tell the mode of application. It is advisable that you follow this link to stay up to date with the developments.
Application for PEO Scholarship is expected to commence on September 15, 2022.
Application for PEO Scholarship will be due December 15, 2022.
The scholarship is to be taken in USA or Canada.
This scholarship is available for international students.
The PEO scholarship is open to women who are citizens and permanent residents in the United States.
The scholarship is awarded based on demonstrated financial need. The applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, and other scholarships.
- Information concerning the international peace Scholarship program is available from the P.E.O. Executive Office or from the website at peointernational.org.
- Eligibility must be established before application material is made available. Eligibility information and application deadlines can be found at any time on the P.E.O. website.
- Information concerning admission to Cottey college may be obtained by writing to the coordinator of Admissions, Cottey College, Nevada, Missouri 64772, or visit them at cottey.edu.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to visit the PEO scholarship information portal for information on how to apply.
The deadline for submission of the application is the 15th of December of every year.
March 1: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
April 1: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. The last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College.
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY OF PAST PEO INTERNATIONAL PEACE SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
- Shima Dowla
Shima Dowla graduated from the University of Alabama Birmingham School of Medicine with an M.D. and Ph.D. in public health. When she was still in high school, she started researching the role of neurotransmission in ADHD.
A.B. Magna cum Laude in Neuroscience and Asia/Middle East Studies from Dartmouth College followed. In her dissertation, she studied how people of a Bangladeshi slum make healthcare decisions.
- Caitlin Doyle
A Ph.D. in English Literature and Creative Writing from the University of Cincinnati is her academic credential. Poetry has always been a passion for Caitlin Doyle, who is descended from an Irish immigrant family and grew up listening to and reading Irish music, poetry, and storytelling.
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill’s Thomas Wolfe Scholar Caitlin earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature and Creative Writing.
- Mary Jane Drake
She is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) from the Pennsylvania State University. Mary Jane Drake has a B.S. in biochemistry and molecular biology from the University of Richmond, with honors including summa cum laude and phi beta kappa. At the University of Pennsylvania, she got her Ph.D. in microbiology.
TIPS TO WIN PEO SCHOLARSHIP
- Have a strong academic record. Your academic record shows you are capable of fulfiling the goals of PEO – making a positive impact in your community after you study. To make your application a strong one, ensure your academic performance is stellar. This positions you as a front-runner for the scholarship.
- Have a plan to work part-time during your study. PEO Scholarship will not cover all your expenses. You will be required to provide the plan you have to support yourself financially through school. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- Do community projects. The goal of PEO is to sponsor women around the world through the United States and Canadian schools. At the end of the day, the organisation expects these awardees to return to their nations and make a positive impact. When you are involved in community services before you had the scholarship, PEO knows you have the ability to contribute to its mission.
- Show you are a leader. The leadership skills you have demonstrated in the past also show how capable you are of being a force in world peace in the future. By being a proven leader, you stand a better chance of winning the PEO Scholarship.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- You do not have to worry much about your tuition fee. Recipients of the PEO Scholarship receive awards close to the tuition fee for their program. With a part-time job or other additional resources, you can pay your tuition fee for your program at the university of your choice easily.
- You can afford more with the scholarship. PEO Scholarship makes your finances robust. With the scholarship, you have spare cash for an extra cup of coffee every day, or extra cash to buy that gadget you have had in mind for a while.
- You become a member of the organisation after your program.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The link for registration has, however, not been activated yet. You are advised to follow the latest developments about the PEO Scholarship here.
Supporting Documents: The needed documents for the scholarship will be communicated upon the commencement of the scholarship.
Basic Requirements: To be considered for PEO Scholarship, you must not be a permanent resident or a citizen of the United States or Canada. You can check the other specific requirements above.
Language Requirement: Sufficient understanding of the English Language.
PEO official website: Visit here.
About PEO: Visit here.
Contribute to PEO: Visit here.
Facebook profile of PEO International: Visit here.
Twitter profile of PEO International: Visit here.
Administrator: Philanthropic Educational Organisation.
Departments: All departments.
Language requirement: Applicants must have a sufficient understanding of the English Language.
What does PEO stand for?
The PEO stands for the Philanthropic Educational Organization.
What is a PEO scholarship?
The PEO scholarship is a financial award given to women in the united states who aim higher in their educational aspirations.
How much is the PEO scholarship worth?
The maximum amount for the scholarship is $12,500 while lesser amounts can also be awarded according to the candidate's need.
Is the PEO scholarship for US citizens?
The scholarship is meant for women who are citizens and permanent residents of the United States.
What is PEO Scholarship?
PEO Scholarship is a program that hopes to empower women around the world to drive world peace and make improvements to their communities after their programs, PEO runs several programs for these target audiences. These programs include PEO Educational Loan Fund, PEO International Peace Scholarship, Program for Continuing Education, PEO Scholar Award, and PEO Star Scholarship.
Who runs the scholarship?
PEO Scholarship is run and administered by PEO.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
The link to the application website has not been activated as of now. However, the application for the scholarship will be online.
What course can I study with the scholarship?
You can study any course of your choice with PEO Scholarship.
Is the scholarship renewable?
The renewal status of the PEO Scholarship was not stated in the official release of the organisation.
What are the requirements to be eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for PEO Scholarship, you must not be a permanent resident or a citizen of the United States or Canada. You can check the other specific requirements above.
Must I understand the English Language to apply for the scholarship?
Yes. A sufficient understanding of the use of the English Language is required for consideration for the scholarship.
Is the scholarship need- or merit-based?
PEO Scholarship is majorly need-based. Merits are also considered, however.
Will there be an assessment test after I have submitted my application?
No, there will be none.
What are the documents I have to submit?
The organisation will communicate what documents you have to tender with your application upon commencement of application for the 2023-2024 PEO Scholarship.
If you are a woman with the desire to pursue higher education in the United States or Canada, and you live outside these countries, this wonderful opportunity is for you. Through the scholarship, your programs become seamless and you have a chance at making an impact. The award from the scholarship is worth close to your tuition fee.
Application for the scholarship has, however, not begun. Keep track of the latest developments on PEO scholarship through this link. Best of luck when you apply for the scholarship.
The (Philanthropic Educational Organization) PEO scholarship 2022 has opened an award opportunity for women in the united states to win up to $12,500 to pursue their educational goals.
The scholarship is open to international students who are citizens of the United States.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the application processes and requirements on or before the specified deadline.
For more information, you can visit the PEO scholarship official website.