The Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest is one of the coolest scholarship contests around. By applying for the contest, you have a lot of fun. As an applicant, you are challenged to create your own prom outfits made entirely from Duck Tape, then wear those outfits to the prom for the chance to win scholarship cash.
The last edition of the scholarship held last year received 150 applications. In cash prize, $50,000 was awarded to 11 participants.
We have answered all questions that you may have about the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest, provided the need-to-know information, and curated a list of tips to help you stand out.
Do have a wonderful time.
STUCK AT PROM SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Duckbrand is giving away $20,000 in cash scholarships to high school students who make the best prom attire out of Duck Brand Duct Tape.
The firm wants to make sure everyone has a chance to enter and win no matter what prom looks like for him. So, they have removed the requirement to wear a one-of-a-kind creation to prom – you just need to be enrolled in high school or a home school association (at the high-school level) during the 2021-2022 school year.
FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarship is a one-time payment that can be used for anything and in any field.
To be eligible for the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest, you must be a resident of the United States or of Canada.
- The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada.
- Must be 14 years or older.
- Must attend a high school, home school association, or another school-sanctioned prom during the calendar year.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Maryland, Vermont, and Colorado) or a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec).
- Must not have been a finalist in any previous Stuck at Prom contests.
- $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Dress Category.
- Tux Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Tux Category.
- $500 Cash Scholarship and Duck Brand Prize Packs (ARV $100 each) will be awarded to the remaining Finalists in each of the Dress and Tux Categories.
HOW TO APPLY
There are three steps when applying for the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest.
- Create and wear your original promwear using Duck Brand Duct Tape and/or Crafting Tape. Remember to take a high-resolution picture of the big moment. You may want to read the official rules guiding the contest, however.
- Fill out the entry form where you will upload at least one picture of yourself in your Duck promwear and fill in more details. Do not forget to get your parent’s permission if you are under 18 years old for the photography release. After your submission, a confirmation email will be delivered right to your inbox.
- Register and vote on the official website using your email address and wait to hear the results.
The application for the scholarship is due on 8 June 2022.
TIPS TO WIN THE STUCK AT PROM SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
- Read and follow the official rules: No matter how ingenious your dress is, you will be disqualified if you go against one of the rules. As an interested candidate who is enrolled in a high school in the United States or Canada, you may want to read the official rules guiding the contest before your prom draws close.
- Complete your application before the deadline: This is another factor that can render your application useless. The deadline for the contest is 8 June; whatever you do, ensure you do not pass this date. Entries made after the deadline has passed will not be considered.
- Be creative: The purpose of the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest is to pick the most creative among students who reside in qualified regions. When you make your dress, you may want to do your research to see what the previous winners were like. You necessarily do not have to mirror their dresses. As a matter of fact, do not even try to. By seeing their dresses, however, you may get an idea for yours.
BENEFITS OF WINNING THE STUCK AT PROM SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
- You save up for college. As one of the winners of the contest, you may choose to save the money until you resume college.
- Winning the $10,000 gives you a financial cushion for some time.
- The scholarship attests to your creativity.
How to Apply: You can apply for the scholarship by creating an outfit from duct tape, submitting your entry, and voting. Kindly check the section for how to apply for more information.
Supporting Documents: No supporting document is required.
Basic Requirements: The Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest is available to students aged 14 years or older who are attending a high school prom in the spring. You must be a Canada/United States citizen and attend a high school prom wearing complete attire or accessories made from duct tape. Each couple must submit a colour photograph of the two of you together in prom attire.
Language Requirement: No language requirement is required for the scholarship.
Duck Brand official website: Visit here.
About the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest: Visit here.
Past winners of the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest: Visit here.
Enter the contest: Visit here.
Official rules of the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest: Visit here.
Facebook profile: Visit here.
Twitter profile: Visit here.
Administrator: Duck Brand.
Departments: All departments.
Nationality: The United States and Canada.
Language requirement: There is no language requirement for the scholarship. Should you understand the English Language, it will be better.
What is the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest?
The Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest is an annual scholarship contest for high school students who create cool prom accessories and outfits from duct tape. This is one of the most interesting scholarships out there and gives students lots of opportunities to show off their creativity.
Who runs the scholarship?
The scholarship/contest is administered by Duck Brand annually.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship by creating an outfit from duct tape, submitting your entry, and voting. Kindly check the section for how to apply for more information.
What course can I study with the scholarship?
You can study any course of your choice with the award from the Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest.
Is the scholarship renewable?
It is a one-time payment.
What are the requirements to be eligible for the scholarship?
The Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest is available to students age 14 years or older who are attending a high school prom in the spring. You must be a Canada/United States citizen and attend a high school prom wearing complete attire or accessories made from duct tape. Each couple must submit a color photograph of the two of you together in prom attire.
Can I apply for the scholarship as a high school senior?
Yes, you can apply for the scholarship as a high school senior.
Can I apply for the scholarship if I am a freshman at a university?
The scholarship is only open to high school students.
Must I understand the English Language to apply for the scholarship?
You do not have to.
Is the scholarship need- or merit-based?
It is merit-based.
Will there be an assessment test after I have submitted my application?
There will be no assessment after your submission.
Will I have to write an essay?
You will not have to write an essay.
What are the documents I have to submit?
No supporting document is required.
Can I use the scholarship outside the United States?
Yes, you can. You can only win the scholarship as a resident of either the United States or Canada, however.
The Stuck At Prom Scholarship Contest is a chance for you to showcase your creativity to the rest of the world. Although prom itself is fun, it can be even more fun through this contest. To apply, you are to create your own prom outfits made entirely from Duck Tape, then wear those outfits to the prom for the chance to win scholarship cash.
We have provided all the information that you may need before you apply for the scholarship. Do have a wonderful time reading.
Best of luck with your application.