The cost of education has seen a steady rise over the last few years. Other than the tuition fees, housing expenses, transport, and the cost of meals are the other factors that could make education unaffordable. To ensure you have access to the education you deserve, we have discussed the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship in this article.
Scholarships fill the financial gap for many families. They help students with unmet financial needs and typically, students do not pay back scholarships. This helps in paying for college. As a recipient of a scholarship, you could use the fund to cover tuition, books, or other costs. This may help alleviate some financial stress.
You will find answers to the questions you may have about the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship here. Kindly read to the end to see the tips also.
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON CERTIFICATE SCHOLARSHIP: ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship program is an important way to break down barriers to education at the University of Washington and help you ignite a change in your career.
The values of the Scholarship range from $3,000 to $8,000, depending on the cost of the program. The recipients of the scholarship receive a waiver each quarter that covers at least 80% of registration and course fees for most programs. As an awardee, you are however responsible for the initial $50 application fee, the remaining fees, and the cost of any necessary books and other class materials.
With the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship, you can study courses that range from Technical Writing to Python, from Product Management to Digital Marketing at the University of Washington Continuum College.
WHO SPONSORS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship is sponsored by as many as eleven companies. They include BECU, AT&T, Windermere Foundation, Seattle Finance Collective, ESA, Perkinscoie, Society of Wetland Scientists, Herrera, The Watershed Company, Many Hands, and Shannon & Wilson.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON CONTINUUM COLLEGE
The University of Washington Continuum College was formerly known as the Educational Outreach. It is the continuing education and professional development unit of the University of Washington which is located in Seattle, Washington. The University was founded in 1912 and has since grown to have more than 50,000 students enrolled,
Today, the University of Washington Continuum College provides wide-ranging programs for non-traditional and lifelong learning students, including degree programs, certificate programs and select courses through UW Professional & Continuing Education, Massive Open Online Courses, UW in the High School, the Summer Quarter, the Summer Youth, UW International & English Language Programs, Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning at the UW, and Conference Services. The programs provided are fee-based and self-sustaining and do not receive state funds for support.
FIELD OF STUDY
The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship can be used to study as many as twenty (25) courses at the university. Click here to check out the courses.
The scholarship is open to citizens and permanent residents of the United States. To use the scholarship, however, you must plan to attend the University of Washington.
To be eligible for the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship, you must:
- Reside in Washington state.
- Apply and be accepted to one of the eligible certificate programs. You can check these out here.
- Not exceed the household income limits listed below for the previous calendar year.
- Not have access to financial assistance from your employer to pay for your program.
- Not have been a part- or full-time student for the last 12 months. You are exempted from this rule if you are taking prerequisite courses.
- Not be a University of Washington Continuum College employee or have an immediate family member who works at the college.
The award from the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship can range from $3,000 to $8,000.
HOW TO APPLY
- Start by carefully reviewing the admission requirements for your chosen certificate program to make sure you qualify.
- Apply for whichever certificate program you want.
- Check your email as you will be contacted within two weeks. This is to let you know if you have been accepted.
- Complete the scholarship application online before the deadline.
The deadline for the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship is 15 July 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
TIPS TO WIN THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Begin your application early. You have an abundance of time on your side this way. By beginning your application early, you can rest assured you will be done before the deadline.
- Carefully fill in your details. The application process requires you to provide details about yourself. When you fill out the application, ensure you take your time. Mistakes in name or other avoidable errors could prove costly.
- Ensure you are eligible before you apply. The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship is only open to a selected few among the residents of the United States. Before you apply for the scholarship, check the requirements to see if you qualify.
- Ensure you have no close relative who is an employee of the UW Continuum College. This is a measure to prevent the university employees from filling the program with their family members.
BENEFITS OF WINNING THE SCHOLARSHIP
- You get a certificate in an in-demand skill. The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship allows you to study courses like data science and marketing. By winning the scholarship, you add value to yourself.
- The scholarship takes care of your expenses. For someone who wins the $8,000 award, the fund goes a long way in making his finances easy.
- The scholarship and the skill strengthen your resume. This makes you a strong candidate for any job posting you apply for.
How to Apply: You may proceed here to apply for the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship.
Supporting Documents: No supporting document is required.
Basic Requirements: To be considered for the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship, you must reside in the state of Washington and be enrolled in a program offered by the Continuum College.
Language Requirement: Sufficient understanding of the English Language.
Administrator: University of Washington.
Departments: All departments under the Continuum College.
Language requirement: Applicants must have a sufficient understanding of the English Language.
University of Washington official website: Visit here.
About the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship: Visit here.
About the UW Continuum College: Visit here.
Facebook profile of Wichita State University: Visit here.
Twitter profile of the University of Washington: Visit here.
What is the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship?
The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship program is an important way to break down barriers to a UW education and to help you ignite a change in your career. Scholarships range in value from $3,000 to $8,000, depending on the cost of the program.
Who runs the scholarship?
The scholarship is sponsored by as many as eleven donors. These include The Watershed Company, Shannon & Wilson, BECU, and a lot more.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship by proceeding through the link provided above. Please note that the application for the scholarship requires you to purchase a $50 form.
What course can I study with the scholarship?
You can study any of the courses offered by the UW Continuum College. This includes courses in Marketing, Arts, Programming, and Data Science.
What are the requirements to be eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship, you must reside in Washington and be accepted for one of the programs at Continuum College.
Must I understand the English Language to apply for the scholarship?
Yes, the use of the English Language is required to qualify for the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship.
Is the scholarship need- or merit-based?
The scholarship is merit-based.
Will there be an assessment test after I have submitted my application?
No, there will be no assessment.
Will I have to write an essay?
No, you will not have to.
Will my application be considered if I did not complete it before the deadline?
Incomplete applications and applications from ineligible students will not be considered.
Who decides the recipients of the scholarship?
Scholarship decisions are made by a scholarship committee. The committee follows a predetermined scoring system in evaluating scholarship applications and all decisions are final.
Can I be enrolled in another program while I am on the certificate program?
Awardees of the University of Washington Certificate Scholarship can't be enrolled in other UW programs while completing their awarded certificate program.
What will I need to do if I am selected to receive the scholarship?
Scholarship awardees will be required to sign and return a scholarship agreement within 10 days and complete registration, including payment of the balance for the first course, at least two weeks before the first class.
The University of Washington Certificate Scholarship allows you to add value to yourself. Through the certificate programs, you significantly bolster your resume, and the icing, on a scholarship. We have talked exclusively about the scholarship in this article and we hope it is enough to get you a spot on the next list of awardees.
Best of luck with your application. And remember to complete your application on time, July of 2022 is almost upon us.