The do-over scholarship is a program that requires you to write about the past mistakes you have made and what you probably would do differently if you had the chance to relive the past. By doing so little as writing an essay and submitting it, you stand a chance of winning the Do-over scholarship.
Unigo believes what we learn from our mistakes can be invaluable. By sharing your story and your lessons, the fun scholarship gives you a unique way to earn free college money. The do-over scholarship awards $1,500 to one applicant.
To make it even more fun, the theme of the scholarship is “Do not let ‘applying for this scholarship’ be that do-over moment for you!”
You will find all the necessary information about the do-over scholarship in this article.
THE DO-OVER SCHOLARSHIP: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Mistakes – we’ve all made them. Too bad life does not always give you a mulligan. Or does it?
What if you had the chance to “do-over” a moment in your life? What would it be? How would it affect you and your future?
What we learn from our mistakes can often be invaluable; Unigo aims to do this by putting a price to it. While we cannot undo the past, this fun scholarship is available to students looking for a unique way to earn free college money. The Do-over scholarship will award $1,500 to one lucky applicant. Do not let “applying for this scholarship” be that do-over moment for you.
FIELD OF STUDY
The award from the scholarship can be used in any field of your choice.
The Do-over scholarship is available for lawfully residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States or the District of Columbia and must either be currently enrolled or intend to enrol in a college, university or accredited higher education.
To be eligible for the Do-over scholarship, you must:
- Be at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of application
- Be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Be registered at an accredited post-secondary educational institution (or do not register until fall 2025).
- Both full-time and part-time students.
- Submit an entry on the topic before the deadline.
Each of the winners is paid $1,500 as a reward for winning the essay contest.
HOW TO APPLY
You are to submit an online written response to the question: If you could get one ‘do-over’ in life, what would it be and why?
As a rule, you must not exceed the 250-word limit as this would lead to disqualification. The Do-over scholarship winner will be notified by email or phone on or around.
The application for the Do-over scholarship is due on 30 June.
TIPS TO WIN THE DO-OVER SCHOLARSHIP
The surest tip to win the scholarship is to write a creative essay that will beat the other essays. Moreover, you need to learn what the board members look for in applicants’ essays to determine whether or not they are eligible.
To do this two, it will prove very useful to learn from the essays of past winners, to learn how they have structured their essays, and what they included in their short essays. You will find the winning essays here. You may want to painstakingly go over each one of them and learn as much from them as you can.
- Be creative with your essay: When you write your entry for the Do-over scholarship, you are expected to metaphorically drink your creativity juice beforehand. Try to start your essay as catchy as you can, and ensure that throughout your essay, you make the expressions in the most creative, yet unique way they could be.
- Be concise: You only have a few word limit. Because of this, you do not want to waste it talking gibberish or reiterating a previously stated fact. Be concise with your essay. This way, you pass messages along to the audience in the shortest way possible. When you are concise, also ensure you do not stop being creative with the essay.
- Be original: The panel of judges that Unigo assembles for vetting the applications consider the originality of the essay to be crucial. Of the total affordable marks, 25% goes to the originality of the essay.
BENEFITS OF WINNING THE DO-OVER SCHOLARSHIP
- With the award from the Do-over scholarship, you get to travel and learn about new cultures. While the fund from the scholarship can be used for anything, a likely use might be to travel to places with great scenery with the money. You can even travel outside the country to learn about totally new cultures with the fund.
- The average pay per academic year in American universities is about $20,000. Should you secure a spot for yourself in the Do-over scholarship, you may have a little to add to your tuition fee or to pool to one of your needs in school.
- The Do-over scholarship gives your resume a significant boost. Because of the metric by which recipients are selected, seeing the scholarship on your resume tells potential employers you are creative.
How to Apply: The application for the SHPE Scholarship is online. Kindly proceed here to do that.
Supporting Documents: There are no required documents.
Basic Requirements: To be considered for the Do-over scholarship, you must be a resident of the United States and be above 13 years of age.
Language Requirement: Sufficient understanding of the English Language
Departments: All departments.
Language requirement: Applicants must have a sufficient understanding of the English Language.
Unigo’s official website: Visit here.
Unigo’s Do-Over Scholarship: Visit here.
Twitter profile: Visit here.
Who runs the Do-over scholarship?
The Do-over scholarship is run and administered by Unigo, an online business that connects students in the United States with scholarship programs.
How much is the Do-over scholarship?
The Do-over scholarship is worth $1,500.
Do I have to pay to apply for the scholarship?
No, application for the scholarship is free.
Is the scholarship renewable?
No, the award is a single payment.
When is the deadline for the scholarship?
The deadline for the Do-over scholarship is June 30, 2022.
What are the values considered when the judges sort through applications?
Four core things are considered in essays: originality, overall excellence, writing skills, and creativity. Each one contributes 25% to the total attainable marks.
Where can I use the Do-over scholarship?
You can use the scholarship anywhere in the United States.
Will there be an interview for the scholarship?
No, there will be no interview. Your essay is the only thing that determines whether or not you win the scholarship.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
The application for the scholarship is through the official website of Unigo. Kindly check the section on how to apply.
What course can I study with the scholarship?
With the Do-over scholarship, you can study any course of your choice.
What are the requirements to be eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be a resident of the United States or the District of Colombia and be above 13 years of age.
Can I apply for the scholarship as a high school senior?
Yes, you can apply for the Do-over scholarship as a high school senior. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors can also apply.
Can I apply for the scholarship if I am a freshman at a university?
Yes, you can apply for the Do-over scholarship as a college senior. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors can also apply.
Must I understand the English Language to apply for the scholarship?
The use of English is necessary when you apply for this scholarship.
Is the scholarship need- or merit-based?
It is purely merit-based. Entries are judged based on the quality and nothing else.
The Do-over scholarship is a program that rewards so much for doing so little. There are no GPA requirements, no community involvement obligation, and no filing for FAFSA. The scholarship requires you to write a 250-word response on the things you would love to do all over again. And by doing this, you may be selected to win the $1,500 award.
We have provided tips that will help for the Do-over scholarship and other Unigo-administered essay competitions. We wish you the best of luck with your application.