Shawn Carter Scholarship, also known as the Jay-Z Scholarship, was established in 2003 by Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter. The scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to giving back to their communities. To date, the scholarship has helped more than 1,700 students pay for college.
Eligibility for the Shawn Carter Scholarship is based on a number of factors, including financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement. Scholarships are awarded annually and range in value from $1,000 to $10,000.
The Shawn Carter Foundation is inviting interested students who meet the basic requirements for the scholarship to apply for the 2022 edition of the scholarship grant.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was established to provide opportunities for motivated individuals who are in need of financial assistance. Since its inception in 2003, the Foundation has served young undergraduates and high school seniors under the age of 25 in American institutions.
By removing some financial burdens through individual grants paid to the educational institution, the SCSF makes underserved young adults’ ambitions and dreams possible.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SCSF
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund provides full scholarships for undergraduates, high school seniors, students with GED diplomas, as well as students in vocational or trade schools who meet the requirements.
The foundation requires that the awardees give back to the community by taking part in community services and serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
The scholarship is only taken in the US
This scholarship is only open to the US citizens
SHAWN CARTER SCHOLARSHIP FUND (SCSF) WORTH
The Foundation awards $1,500 to $2,500 to qualified students. Compared to scholarship grants that must be used for specific purposes, the SCSF grant is flexible and can be used to pay for tuition fees, books, travel expenses, and other necessities of the scholar.
HOW LONG DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP LAST?
The scholarship is annual. This means candidates have to apply every year until, in the case of college students, they are out of College.
There are new awardees every year. The application process requires you to specify whether you are an old scholar or a new one.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCSF SCHOLARSHIP?
Candidates are required to tick certain lines to be considered for the Shawn Carter Scholarship. Candidates who do not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- The candidate must be a high school senior, a student with a GED diploma, a student enrolled in either a 2-year or 4-year undergraduate program, or a student enrolled in a vocational or trade school.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of the United States or a US citizen.
- The candidate must not exceed the 25 years age mark.
- Candidate must be on a GPA equal to or above 2.0 on a 4.0-grade system.
- The candidate’s household income must not exceed $75,000.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR THE SHAWN CARTER SCHOLARSHIP?
Qualified candidates can proceed to the Foundation’s official website to apply for the 2022 scholarship grant.
When applying for the scholarship, candidates should note that the Foundation has a finite number of spots for new and returning scholars in a given academic year. Hence, candidates who rank higher when the applications are screened have a higher chance of winning the scholarship for that year.
The Foundation gives preference to students who demonstrate resiliency, give back to their communities, have GPAs between 2.0 and 3.0, and have leadership skills. The quality of the essay submitted and the time of completion of the application are also considered when awarding the scholarship grant.
Click here to apply and learn more
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR THE SHAWN CARTER SCHOLARSHIP?
The application for the grant began on April 1st, and the deadline for the application is the 30th of April. Applications that are submitted later or are incomplete by the time will be disqualified.
Should you have a question for the Foundation, you can direct your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When can I begin the scholarship application?
You can begin your application on April 1st.
When is the deadline for the scholarship application?
The deadline for the application is April 30th (11:59 PM EST). Please note that incomplete and late applications are not eligible.
Who is eligible to apply for the Shawn Carter Scholarship?
All high school seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2yr or 4yr) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools who meet the requirements below are eligible. Requirements: US citizen or Permanent Resident 25 years old or younger Minimum 2.0 GPA Do I have to attend a vocational school to be eligible for this scholarship? NO, see eligibility requirements above.
Do I have to be currently enrolled in school to apply for this scholarship?
You do not have to be currently enrolled in school to apply, but you must show evidence from an accredited institution that you will be enrolling, and that the scholarship support you seek will be applied there.
My school does not use a 4.0-grade scale, how can I convert my grades to this scale?
If your school uses number grades, use the GPA conversion table at https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/plan-for-college/college-basics/how-to-convert-gpa-4.0-scale
I don’t have a very high GPA, do I have any chance of receiving this scholarship?
Yes, we take many factors into consideration when determining your candidacy for the scholarship. Leadership, community service, socio-economic factors, the quality of your essay, and other strengths are all taken into account in the decision-making process. Our typical scholarship recipients demonstrate resiliency in the face of hardship, give back to their communities, and have GPAs between 2.0 and 3.0. Students with GPAs above this range are still encouraged to apply.
HOW CAN I MAXIMIZE MY CHANCES OF RECEIVING THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
Here are some steps you can take:
- Start your application early and complete it on time. The earlier you start the application, the better chance you have to submit the application before the deadline. You also have more time to ask us questions in case any part of the process needs clarification.
- Tell us about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. We do not know anything about you until you share it with us. Specific details can help us understand how great you are. The same can be said about your essay. We don’t expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps us learn more about you and your perspectives.
- Review your application for grammar and spelling errors.
BENEFITS OF SHAWN CARTER SCHOLARSHIP
- The Shawn Carter scholarship offers financial assistance to students who may not be able to afford college otherwise.
- The scholarship can be used for tuition, books, and other expenses related to attending college.
- The scholarship is available to students of all academic backgrounds and does not require a minimum GPA.
- The scholarship is renewable, meaning students can receive funding for all four years of their undergraduate studies.
- The scholarship program is need-based, so students who demonstrate financial need will be given priority.
- The scholarship is named after Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, a successful musician and entrepreneur who is committed to helping students succeed.
- The scholarship is administered by the nonprofit organization Scholarship America, which has a long track record of helping students finance their education.
- The scholarship program is supported by a number of corporate sponsors, including Beyoncé’s Ivy Park clothing line and Jay-Z’s Roc Nation entertainment company.
- The scholarship program has helped thousands of students attending colleges across the United States.
- The Shawn Carter scholarship is just one of many scholarships available to help students pay for college. There are a variety of other scholarships out there, so be sure to do your research to find the one that’s right for you!
Applying for the Shawn Carter scholarship is easy and only takes a few minutes. Students can visit the Scholarship America website to learn more about the program and to fill out an online application. The application deadline is March 31st, so be sure to apply today!
Shawn Carter Scholarship is a great way to help you pay for college. It can be used for tuition, books, and other expenses related to your education. The scholarship is open to students who have demonstrated financial need and who are enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you should contact your financial aid office to learn more about the application process. Thanks to the Shawn Carter Scholarship, you can receive the financial assistance you need to succeed in your academic pursuits.